TWC Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LeishytheDevil interviewed, on the Art of Wrestling

Go down

LeishytheDevil interviewed, on the Art of Wrestling Empty LeishytheDevil interviewed, on the Art of Wrestling

Post  LeishytheDevil Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:01 am

In what was very Edge esq, LeishytheDevil, or Ryan Leishman as he goes by now, he broke character to announce what is a very emotional subject, retirement. His body was injured prior to TWC and during a spot in a TLC match during his short stint in TWC as a wrestler, he was injured again. This is his recent comments that he gave in regards to his career ending early, his plans and his contract ending amongst other things. Be sure to listen in the studio, apartment!

host - Well Ryan, or Leishy what do you prefer?

Leishy/Ryan - I've been Leishy since I was 6 and first played football for a team, so I will be Leishy again man, call me Leishy.

host - Ok Leishy, I followed your career before TWC, and I was desperate for you to shine in TWC like you done when we worked together in america, what happened?

Leishy - I knew Matt Towers, or Hero for the marks, he was, and is, one of my favourite wrestlers in the world right now. If you are listening and haven't tuned into TWC then you haven't seen one of the best in the world. I started talking to him before TWC on twitter, we clicked and have been friends since. This led to us being actual business clients in a way, I'd get him booked or he'd get me booked or we'd be booked together are just f*ck sh*t up. Hero and I said that we'd love to actually have our own company where we were booked weekly not randomly in different places and then strings were pulled creating TWC. I didn't want the starlight, I wanted to share it and he wanted me in it. Friction caused me to become a on screen manager, so it was fun.

host - so you just took the backseat? Let someone be champion when in my opinion you would have benefited more in it?

Leishy - yes, I believe the world needed Hero, I knew I wouldn't be able to flat out go unless I had severe surgery before debuting. As you know now that was a stupid decision to even be a part time wrestler. With me backstage more I was able to help the young lads. I still go along but rarely do I speak to them except Hero. Matt's the only one who invites me along.

host - So nobody else in TWC keeps in touch?

Leishy - the occasional tweet doesn't count does it? Nope.

host - Anyone you tip to go big from TWC? Except Matt.

Leishy - Alot of them have untapped potential. Think Bailey is gold, he moves seamlessly from pish heel to over face. Alfie and his faction all together are good, Greg Coles is ballsy, he will quite happily flying headbutt you from the top of the stage through 6 tables to get a reaction. Frankie is over, better monster face than Ryback. Think the guru is class. Like I said out of the ring, out of TWC I am a Matt Hero fan. But the others are fantastic in the company and I highly recommend most of them.

host - Chances of you returning to wrestle, like The Rock?

Leishy - don't compare me to him, I am not like him. I like you man but he isn't a wrestler, he's a tooth fairy.

host - Can you confirm you're contract is up with TWC then? If you aren't returning on occasions like Dwayne?

Leishy - It ended, as of last Tuesday morning, I was no longer a contracted wrestler at TWC. The bookers call me and ask for help and the next 2 hours is spent mapping out their road to reckoning. I amn't signed, I am a fan and that is it.

host - What injury was it? This time I know you done your knee before TWC.

Leishy - the knee went again, I broke 3 ribs because the table snapped awkwardly. I was concussed because my landing was bad. I quite simply done enough to my body in 3 seconds that caused me to think a bit. I believe on screen I broke my arm aswell. Hero asked me to continue and I said I can't. Wrestling might be a thing of the past in my life. It will take a large large paycheck to lure me back.

host - it would take any paycheck to get me to wrestle

Leishy - By large paycheck, my old TWC contract was near 100k a year. Not massive but for a new company big. So if I returned in any form it be 5x that at least. I intend to stay in physio as you never know if I will get cleared by them to wrestle and will be safe then I will do it. *clicks* second thoughts wouldn't come into it.

host - Life is short yeah?

Leishy - yeah, and my body will be confirmed broken or I'll die the champion I am.

host - So, I think we'll end it here. Any plugs?

Leishy - Twitter is @LeishytheDevil, will be forever. Not got any plans that I know off.

host - LeishytheDevil thanks for your time, in the studio.... apartment! The "personification of perfection" and "your girlfriends favourite orgasm" I better stop before we go PG! One of the best in the world, I believe! Thanks.

Leishy - One of the best? Is that a joke. I'm the fucking man. I was the greatest wrestler in the world before someone broke my body in half.

Last edited by LeishytheDevil on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Opening paragraph made no sense)
LeishytheDevil
LeishytheDevil
General Manager
General Manager

Back to top Go down