TWC Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWC.com Interview with Andrew Bailey

Go down

TWC.com Interview with Andrew Bailey Empty TWC.com Interview with Andrew Bailey

Post  Andrew Bailey Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:45 am

Into the eyes of a Violent Man
By Alan Murphy

Since the start of TWC we haven’t seen a man go on a journey quite as far as Andrew Bailey. From being drafted in as a manager on the night before our first PPV, to being the first European champion, being involved in the whole pipe bomb scandal, losing his EU title in the match of the year and then going on a losing streak which has lasted 9 weeks.

It is easy to see why he has thrown all of his morals and pain threshold away to become one of the most violent men the wrestling business has ever seen. But instead of me summing up the past we will be talking to the man himself, once referred to as “The maniac from Durham”, the leader of the one man violent streak, Andrew Bailey.

Alan Murphy:.
Good evening Andrew, you have been here since the start although it took you weren’t originally signed as a wrestler. How did you first get involved in TWC.

Andrew Bailey: When I was first told about TWC it was a few days before the Survivor Series PPV, I was scheduled to be up against Team Hero in the main event but that fell through and I ended up managing Team Phipson to a loss. After that night I saw that I could ply my trade in a more physical role and I proved that by picking up the gold less than a month later.

AM: Indeed, you defeated Alfie Davis to become the first ever European champion in TWC, that was a big achievement but it also started a rivalry that is still bubbling today. What were your first thoughts on Alfie?

AB: My thoughts on Alfie haven’t changed in the slightest, since I came in to the arena 6 months ago he had a problem with me. It would start with insults and then he’d started some rumours so I went straight to the GM and demanding him in the ring. I got my wish and defeated him quite cleanly but he continued to insult me and say the most vilest things backstage, online and to anyone who would listen to him. It was then that the TWC fans first seen a touch of my anger, I got my hands on him and I nearly knocked him out. Then when I got through the curtain I had management shouting at me for being too violent and then I was blamed when Alfie quit 2 weeks before the TWC PPV.

I had the title, I knew I would get punished but up until a week before the PPV I still wasn’t sure what the match would be until the GM decided that I would have my first main title defence be in what would become the match of the year. The ladder match featuring 6 men at TWC…

AM: That was a helluva match, and you very nearly kept your title nearly won. What happened next was one of the most shocking moments to happen in TWC history and that was the vicious attack that happened in the closing stages of the match. Can you remember anything?

AB: In my head I could remember being on the top of the ladder and the crowd going crazy, I then remember looking down and chasing after him up the ramp. I lost my concentration and should of grabbed the belt but I hated that little bitch for what he was making me endure backstage and online. After I thought I chased him off I turned and went to go back to the ring before being speared off the ramp by Antoni. The whole thing goes pretty blurry after that, I can remember sitting in the trainers room having temporary stitches put in my head and talking to Scotty Adams and then going to hospital.

AM: And after that night it just became beat down after beat down for you.

AB: It did but I am not like Alfie, I am not like Phil Sam and I am defiantly not like Ryan bloody Leishman. I am still here, getting prepared to face him. I’m not going anywhere, not gonna quit and run with my tail between my legs. I am not going to vanish after being beaten and I’m not going to run away scared after an injury or two. I am here for the long run, through thick and thin. I am here to destroy Alfie and then go on to capture the most coveted title outside of Vinnie’s circus, the TWC heavyweight championship.

AM: You really see yourself as a contender?

AB: *Andrew’s nostrils flare* When…. No. After I beat Alfie and go into the Rumble match at number 20. I will win the Rumble and then go against Hero or Frankie at Wrestle for Glory. If I didn’t think I could win against Alfie, win the Rumble and then beat either Matt Hero or Frankie Andrews on the biggest stage in TWC then I wouldn’t be here. I would either be helping someone I thought can or I’m sure I could try my hand at commentary.

AM: So if Alfie does too much damage this Sunday is that the kind of career path you can see happening?

AB: You are really pissing me off now dude… I haven’t gave up once, I have only stayed in hospital once and that was cause I would be arrested if I left. It will take a hell of a lot more than twenty shots with lead pipes to keep me off my feet for long.

AM: Ok, so how have you been preparing for the actual Rumble match?

AB: I am a firm believer in watching old videos and reading others experiences and one word that keeps coming up is stamina. I have never really needed stamina, I beat people up as quick as I can get my hands on them but I have to be prepared for entering at number 1 and then going for an hour.

AM: That sounds like some doubt in your match with Alfie.

AB: No doubt at all in my entire body, I just know that at my height and weight I will be targeted. The big men always are, how many times to the biggest man in the Rumble win in WWE? Twice in nearly 30 years? I know that I have to be prepared for the Rumble but my main target is Alfie. If I get rid of him then I can concentrate on someone else and prove my power and climb the ladder.

AM: Ok, I have had a few questions on Twitter for you today so we will do the traditional blast of yes/no and then do some either/or.

AB: Sounds fine, go for it.

AM: Do you think you can beat Alfie this Sunday?
AB: YES.

AM: Do you think you can win the Rumble if you enter first?
AB: Yes.

AM: Did you design your new t-shirt?

AM: You tweet about Matt Hero losing his title this Sunday but do you really think he will win?
AB: No.

AM: You changed your music recently…

AM: Was the song wrote specifically for you?
AB: No.

AM: I thought not, not on to some either or questions. Emmerdale or Eastenders?
AB: Emmerdale

AM: Ryan Leishman or Alfie Davis?
AB: What?
AM: Choose one.
AB: Alfie.

AM: TWC or TNA?
AB: TWC.

AM: TWC or WWE?
AB: TWC.

AM: Football or Cricket?
AB: Cricket.

AM: One last question from me, Andrew how are you feeling heading into Royal Reckoning this Sunday night?

AB: Well Alan I am feeling pretty wired and very excited to heading into this Sunday after a win against one of Alfie’s little bitch boys.

AM: The match was actually called a draw.

AB: Are you fucking kidding me?

*End of interview*
I must apologise for the abrupt end to the interview after I was attacked by Mr. Bailey he walked out. What I did see was that his patience is very thin and the beating he gave to Ravi Bangor on Monday has done little to nothing for his anger or temperament. One person who should be worried is Alfie Davis who will be locked in a cage with him this Sunday night, only on PPV.
Andrew Bailey
Andrew Bailey

http://twitter.com/ANDREWBAILEYuk

Back to top Go down